The Gang Goes to Seattle

If you ask Ben Fuller what he thought of Seattle he would answer in an unenthusiastic tone, "There were a lot of people riding bikes." Then after a slight pause and a shake of the head, "I hate cities."

The truth is, there were a lot of bikes there, but it was pretty cool. We met up with our old pal Erika Thun and had some good times at Gas Works park kicking kickballs at people riding bikes and throwing rocks at boats.

A good Samaritan by the name of Shawny let us crash on her floor. She also gave us fingernail clippers, free starbucks and let us cook pancakes at her appartment. To sum it up... Shawny is cool.

I did learn a couple things while I was in Seattle. First of all Erika has a boyfriend named Leo that apparently knows $#%*! everybody. Also Erika has no problem lifting any of us off of the ground.

We wandered around the city taking in the sites. We went to see the troll under the bridge which was not what I expected (for some reason I expected to see an old man in a cage or something). It was actually a giant troll statue under a bridge that was definitely not intended as something to jump off of.

I tried sushi for the first time which was much better than I thought it would be although, salmon eggs... not for me.

We had a good time with a couple cool cats named Lindsay and Pat (school chums of Ashleys) after leaving a terrible heavy metal concert which included a guy dressed as a nun screaming about satan.

Basically what I am trying to get at is that despite the abundance of bikers Seattle was a good time.

 

posted by Josh Bowman on 8:14 PM

0 comments:

Search